ReFoReMo is all about extracting the elements of writing through someone else's professional perspective. We follow a reading list, but the follow-through is what counts the most. From March 1-March 28, you will be presented with 20 different ways to focus on more than 105 mentor texts. As you read, you may come across the same mentor text more than once, but have the opportunity to study it in a new light. Particular elements may apply to you personally more than others. That may lead you to study additional mentor texts that are not on the list. Hooray, we say! Hooray!
So, what do you think? Do you accept the challenge? If so, please read and follow the guidelines below to register. If you have questions about the steps, please refer them to our ReFoReMo Facebook group. Our members consist of many veteran ReFoReMo-ers who can help, plus the admin team is there to help, too.
1. If you have not already, subscribe to this ReFoReMo blog by entering your email address into the opt-in box on the right-hand side. A Feedburner Email Subscription box will pop up. Type the captcha code listed at the bottom of the box and submit. You will receive an email verification link in your inbox. Click the link to activate your subscription. This will enable you to receive the daily challenge posts as emails.
2. At the bottom of this post, find the comment box. (If you already receive ReFoReMo posts in your inbox, you must click the title of the post first. That will take you to the website where our challenge takes place.) Enter your FIRST and LAST NAME in the comment box. Click on the "Publish" button. If you experience difficulty commenting, go to the ReFoReMo Facebook group. (You must request to be admitted to the private group. Please be patient.) Find the registration post pinned to the top of our wall. Enter your FIRST and LAST name in that comment thread. Note: Registration is accepted through Monday, March 4.
3. The ReFoReMo Facebook group was designed to build community and host discussions about picture books as mentor texts. We encourage you to discuss the perspectives and mentor texts as you read. Note: We understand that sometimes certain mentor texts are hard to find. However, we cannot support sharing video readings that break copyright laws. Look for readings created by the publisher or author before sharing those links in our group.
4. Many of our presenters are generously offering prizes. They will be revealed during the posts. To be eligible, you must be registered, make efforts to consistently research mentor texts, and comment on every blog post from March 1-March 30. You must be on the blog to comment. Please do not reply to the posts via email. We are on the honor system and therefore you will not need to post your results anywhere. To keep things simple, we will have only one Rafflecopter to enter on March 29 from which all winners will be drawn.
5. You may post the ReFoReMo badge on your site or social media. Please link it back to this address: www.reforemo.com
|Lori Nawyn http://www.lorinawyn.com/|
When March 1st rolls around, it's go time! Read the posts and book recommendations. Take notes on how this applies to your writing needs. We don't have posts on the weekends, so feel free to use that time to catch up or just rest. Utilize our research tools and start discussions in our Facebook Group. We are excited to share this educational experience with you and we hope it makes a difference in your writing!
Looking forward to ReFoReMo and new mentor text discoveries.ReplyDelete
Looking forward to this challenge and the mentor texts! Last year i had a hard time getting them all from the library - They didn't have all the books and there is a limit on how many books i can request at one time!ReplyDelete
I suggest connecting with others in the Facebook group, so that you can ask questions or share thoughts. Otherwise, using the tips from the posts with ANY books is also helpful.Delete
My favorite time of the year! Juliann (Juli) Caveny reporting for ReFoReMo 2019!ReplyDelete
Yahoo. i'm ready for year five! Love this community and challenge. TY all.ReplyDelete
Love you, too, Kathy!Delete
I won't be participating this year, but good luck to all! :)ReplyDelete
Thank you Maria!!!Delete
Time to reserve a stack o' books!
Sue Heavenrich - looking forward to another wonderful year!ReplyDelete
Lynne Marie PisanoReplyDelete
Rene Diane AubeReplyDelete
Cathy Ballou MealeyReplyDelete
Susan Twiggs I use mentor texts in many way thanks to this blog.ReplyDelete
Hoorah, it's time for ReFoReMo! Rita Lorraine HubbardReplyDelete
So looking forward to diving into picture books. Bev BairdReplyDelete
Mary Kate BolinderReplyDelete
Lauren Kerstein :)ReplyDelete
Cathy Stefanec OgrenReplyDelete
Looking forward to another ReFoReMo!ReplyDelete
Carol G NelsonReplyDelete
Linda Kulp TroutReplyDelete
Sherri Jones RiversReplyDelete
Nancy Jo EckersonReplyDelete
Carmela Simmons. Grateful for this wonderful opportunity!ReplyDelete
WOOT! Ready for some ReFoReMo!ReplyDelete
And, may I say I’m very excited?!? 😎
You may! YAY!Delete
Karen Greenwald (Thanks for providing this opportunity!)ReplyDelete
Can't wait to delve into this year's selections and topics! Always so useful.
Rebecca Gardyn LevingtonReplyDelete
Ladies, thanks for all you do!ReplyDelete
You are welcome, Carol!Delete
Elizabeth Wilcox Saba - Thanks for the list.ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete
Terri Degezelle MichelsReplyDelete
Yay! I can't wait to start ReFoReMo! Leslie Leibhardt GoodmanReplyDelete
Looking forward. Nalini KrishnankuttyReplyDelete
Wahoo! Can't wait for ReFoReMo! Kim ChaffeeReplyDelete
Can't wait!! Sharon A PutnamReplyDelete
Can't wait. Thank you!ReplyDelete
Kelly Conroy - first time! I'm excited!ReplyDelete
Ready to read!ReplyDelete