ReFoReMo Badge Illustration by Lori Nawyn: https://lorinawyn.com/
ReFoReMo 2021 is officially open! We are excited to celebrate the reading-writing connection for the 7th year of this annual challenge.
ReFoReMo examines the craft of making picture books through mentor texts and multiple perspectives from authors, illustrators, educators, and publishing professionals. Registration opens today and runs through March 2. From March 1-March 31, participants will be presented with many different ways to focus on picture books as mentor texts to inform the craft of writing.
During the challenge, we follow a reading list, but we
encourage you to use mentor texts that compliment your writing projects, too. The
follow-through is what counts the most. Will you adopt a regular reading and
research routine to inform your writing? If your answer is yes, please read and
follow the guidelines below to register.
1. At the bottom of this post, find the comment box. (If you received this registration post in your inbox today, you must click the title of the post first. That will take you to the website where our challenge takes place, and you'll find the comment box at the bottom of that post.) Enter your FIRST and LAST NAME in the comment box. Click on the "Publish" button. Comment only once, please. Be patient. With many people entering comments at once, it may take quite some time for you comment to show up in the comment section. Tip: Underneath the comment box, there is a “Load more…” feature. Your comment may be there. Also note: Registration is considered official through Monday, March 1 (for prize purposes). Again, please do not worry if your name does not show up right away! We are on the honor system.
If you experience difficulty leaving your comment, sometimes changing your browser is all it takes. You can also request help in the ReFoReMo Facebook group. (If you are not yet a member of the FB group, you must request to be admitted to the private group. Please be patient with us during this busy time. Once you are admitted, you will find the registration post pinned to the top of our FB group wall. Enter your FIRST and LAST name in that comment thread only if you have tried our tips for commenting on the blog and were not successful.)
2. (If you already receive our emails, skip this step.) Subscribe to this ReFoReMo blog by entering your email address into the opt-in box on the right-hand side. A Feedburner Email Subscription box will pop up. Type the captcha code listed at the bottom of the box and submit. You will receive an email verification link in your inbox. Click the link to activate your subscription. This will enable you to receive the daily challenge posts as emails.
3. We designed the ReFoReMo Facebook group to journey together as a community, hosting your discussions and questions about picture books as mentor texts. We encourage you to discuss the perspectives and mentor texts as you read. Note: We understand that sometimes certain mentor texts are hard to find. However, we cannot support sharing video readings in the FB group. (Most of them break copyright laws.) Look for readings created by the publisher or author.
4. Many of our presenters are generously offering prizes. They will be revealed during the posts. To be eligible, you must be registered by March 1, make efforts to consistently research mentor texts, and comment on every blog post from March 1-March 31. You must be on the blog to comment. Please do not reply to the posts via email. We are on the honor system and therefore you will not need to post your results anywhere. To keep things simple, we will have only one Rafflecopter to enter on March 31 from which all winners will be drawn.
5. You may post the ReFoReMo badge (top) on your site or social media. Please link it back to this address: www.reforemo.com For more beautiful illustrations and designs, visit the talented creator, Lori Nawyn!
Our 2021 Reading List can be found here. Get a jump on reserving your books from the library now. We understand the delays curbside service presents during the pandemic. (You can also use picture books of your own to study the points discussed.) When March 1st rolls around, it's go time! Read the posts and book recommendations. Take notes on how each perspective applies to your writing needs. You may come across the same mentor text more than once, but you’ll have the opportunity to study it in a new light. Particular elements may apply to you personally more than others. That may lead you to study additional mentor texts that are not on the list. Hooray, we say! Hooray!
Take advantage of the break we offer on the weekends. Use that time to catch up or just rest. Utilize our research tools and start discussions in our Facebook Group. We are excited to share this educational experience with you and we hope it makes a difference in your writing!
Jilanne Hoffmann - Looking forward to a fun and engaging month!ReplyDelete
Anne Young. I LOVE this time of year. Thank you for organsing another stellar line-up, Kirsti and Carrie.ReplyDelete
Carmela Simmons- Thank you again for creating this amazing opportunity to hone our craft.ReplyDelete
Claire Lewis - thank you for organising this!ReplyDelete
Deborah Amadei- looking for ward to new titles!ReplyDelete
Angela De GrootReplyDelete
First time for me and it’s exactly what I need! Thank you.ReplyDelete
Oops. I didn’t leave my name. Shell LeDrew.Delete
Lisa Lee FurnessReplyDelete
Callie Dean. Looking forward to this month!ReplyDelete
Linda Kulp TroutReplyDelete
Exactly what I'm looking for!ReplyDelete
Mary Kate BolinderReplyDelete
Jodie Finney - excited to get started.ReplyDelete
Angie Quantrell YAYYYYYY!ReplyDelete
Jamie Bills- this will be my first time! I am really excited. Looks like a great line-up.ReplyDelete
Erica Stenquist (Illustrator Name: Erica Leigh)ReplyDelete
Claudia Sloan :-)ReplyDelete
Rachel Torres looking forward to thisReplyDelete
Jeannie Whelan SantucciReplyDelete
Lexi Donahue, can’t wait!ReplyDelete
Looking forward to reading as many posts as I can! ReFoReMo and using mentor texts has been a big part of my writing journey! Thank you, Carrie and Kirsti and all the blog contributors!!!ReplyDelete
Janel Caverly - Ready to start reading and researching. How exciting! Thank you!ReplyDelete
I am looking forward to REFOREMO. Have started requesting the books from the local library.ReplyDelete
Charlotte Dixon-Looking forward to ReFoReMo 2021!ReplyDelete
Lydia Lukidis - looking forward!ReplyDelete
I am in!
Marjory E. LeposkyReplyDelete
Beth Gallagher - Can’t wait! 😊ReplyDelete
Thank you for your dedication to put this together for 7 AWESOME years! Wow! I am looking forward to getting the PB Mentor Text list.ReplyDelete
Penny, the list is posted here: http://www.reforemo.com/2021/02/reforemo-2021-reading-list.htmlDelete
Joanne Roberts (so excited for my first ReFoReMo!)ReplyDelete
Thank you! Super excited.ReplyDelete
Looking forward to March, got my librarian on alert.ReplyDelete
Ahhh! Best month of the year!ReplyDelete
Carol Cole - Looking forward to another great year - although it will be more difficult to get the books this year since the libraries are only open for books on hold.ReplyDelete
Sorry, missed the last letter in my last name. Here’s the correct one ~ Cheryl JohnsonReplyDelete
I'm looking forward to lots of learning.ReplyDelete
Sherri T. MercerReplyDelete
Donna L MartinReplyDelete
Serena Gingold AllenReplyDelete
Elizabeth Westra I'm looking forward to reading a lot of picture books if they aren't all taken already.:)ReplyDelete
Looking forward to this.ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete